A Delicious Crunchy Side Meal
Writer: Rahmania Radjadi (www.rahmaniaradjadi.com)
This recipe is one of those easy recipe that I often make at home. I could say that this recipe has included in my “lazy day” cooking list.
Chicken popcorn is a delicious appetizer. I usually cook chicken popcorn as a sidedish to my meal. It’s so crispy and crunchy. Many convenient store in Japan sell chicken popcorn, but you never know if their chicken popcorn is healthy or not. That is why I’m sharing this recipe with you, so that you can make one which more healthier to make one home. If you are a chicken lover, you would not want to missed this recipe.
This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cm size of ginger
- 1/2 table spoon of white pepper powder
- 1 table spoon of salt
- 2 table spoon of paprika powder
- 1 table spoon of granulated onion
- corn starch
- bread crumbs or corn flakes
- cooking oil
- brown sugar
- tomato sauce
- crushed chili powder
- Cut the chicken breast into small cubes, put it in a bowl
- Grate the garlic to become garlic paste
- Peel the ginger then grate it to become paste
- Add the garlic and ginger into the chicken then mixed them well
- Add salt, granulated onion, white pepper powder, and paprika powder to the chicken and mix them well again
- Let the chicken sit for about 15 minutes to let it rest and make the meat relax a little bit
- Crack the eggs and whisk it, add a pinch of salt to it
- Add the corn starch to the chicken and make sure they all coated
- Pour the egg to the chicken that have been coated by the corn starch and mix them well
- After all the chicken coated with egg, por the bread crumbs and mixed them well again until all coated
- Heat about 3 cups of oil in a pan
- Fry the chicken until all the exterior becomes golden-brown
- After golden brown take all the chicken from the pan and set them aside
Making sauce instructions
- Crushed the garlic cloves and cut it into small pieces
- Drizzle about 1 table spoon of cooking in a pan
- Pout about half cup of brown sugar to the pan until they melted
- Add salt and pepper
- Add about 2 table spoons of tomato sauce and the crushed chili powder
- Mix them well
- Your sauce is ready
To serve the chicken popcorn, you can mix the chicken with the sauce or make the sauce as a dip sauce.
A tip for you when cooking the sauce, taste the sauce so that you can adjust the taste by adding salt and sugar. This recipe is so easy that you should try at home and I hope you enjoy it!
The post Recipe of halal “Chicken Popcorn” appeared first on Halal Media Japan | Latest halal news, travel guides & maps of Japan.